Sunday, August 05, 2007

shalom

So, Shalom Community gathered in our home last night. Dianne, Dan, Joy, Craig, Kevin, Jennifer, Pahdmae, Dave, Linda, Greg, and Becca. It was good. We shared a meal, talked in twos about what is most important to us in the faith at this time, discussed Marcus Borg's different definitions of faith, told stories, and prayed.

Oh God how I love you and your people. Life is all a miracle. Even the tough stuff draws us closer to you and who we are all meant to be. So on this Sabbath morning I praise and honor you, and I tell you that I love you and all the manifestations you take in the people, creation, and existence that surrounds and envelopes us.

I love you all, and I pray peace and power to you and those you love.

5 comments:

Mark Gaylor said...

Very cool, wish I could have made it; maybe next time! Hope to be able to catch up with you in the near future. Having a blast being a pastor! CTS classes start Labor Day week.

Mark

Craig LaSuer said...

Mark,

How cool it is that you are doing the pastor gig. I'm happy for you. I think the next Shalom Community gathering will be Friday Aug.24th.

Tom McCool said...

I'm so happy that Shalom is going so well and the blog seems to be working for you. Everything is well here too. Keep in touch.

Mark Gaylor said...

So far it looks like I'd be able to make it on the 24th, I'll try to keep it open!

Craig LaSuer said...

Great. Keep in touch.