Tuesday, August 28, 2007

I was in my patient room in Methodist Hospital at Mayo Clinic last January.
I was in a state of hopelessness, and hope is the most precious of treasures.
At that moment I had no faith. I didn't belief God could make a difference.
Then Michelle Cobb called to see how I was and prayed with me. And boy did she pray.
She cried out to God really expecting God to do a good work with my body and situation.
God did. My situation slowly began to change and hope entered my heart like water filling a dry hole.

A follower of Jesus trusts that God is both powerful and good. The only thing we should be concerned about is the business of the kingdom while allowing God to take care of our wounds and our worries. But I'm here to testify that once in a while our faith and trust can take a hike. In those times we need a friend to carry us to the feet of the Father. Here's a version of the prayer Jesus taught.

Eternal Spirit, Earth-maker, Pain-bearer, Life-giver, Source of all that is
and that shall be. Father and Mother of us all, Loving God, in whom is heaven:
The hallowing of your name echo through the universe! The way of your justice
be followed by peoples of the world! Your heavenly will be done by all created beings! Your commonwealth of peace and freedom sustain our hope and come on earth.
With the bread we need for today, feed us. In the hurts we absorb from one another,
forgive us. In times of temptation and test, strengthen us. From trials too great
to endure, spare us. From the grip of all that is evil, free us. For you reign
in the glory of the power that is love, now and forever. Amen.

2 comments:

Tom McCool said...

In the army of prayer warriors, Michelle Cobb is a five-star general.

Craig LaSuer said...

Haha...very true!