Sunday, August 26, 2007

It Is Good

Joy Ellen and I went to see my mom and dad yesterday. My mama had a touch of the flu or something. So when we got there, they were both back in their bedroom each laying in their own bed. I started kidding around with mom right away. Joy and laughter seem to go a long way with them these days. Then I laid down in the bed next to mom for a little bit...sweet moment.

Papa and I then went to the grocery store together. I can't tell you what a wonderful feeling it is to make sure the olds have food in the house. It rocks! By the time we got home, mom was up and dressed and Joy had cleaned the house. Usually when we come it is enough to get mom up and going.

Then we went for a long drive to Bluffton and ate in an elegant little restaurant called The Ritten House. I chose it because my little mama has always been an elegant lady. We had a nice meal, but I get sort of anxious in that setting because dad's talking can wear you down a little because of his alzhiemers.

But on the way home there was a great sunset on my dad's side of the car. He was absolutely amazed by the beauty in the sky. It was like the one and only sunset he had ever seen in his life. He is a thankful man and sees life through eyes of wonder.

Joy and I go once a week, and like the Creator said at the end of each day, it is good! This year has taught Joy and I that Jesus' words are true that, as we do our part, God's power and love is sufficient for the mission at hand.

No comments: