Sunday, August 20, 2006

Sweet Sabbath

Wow, what a sabbath day.

Joy and I went to a community worship in the park service. One of my Methodist churches joined with some churches from other denominations to put on the service on a most gorgeous August morning. The service was deep, rich, and beautiful.

We then drove to my parents in Ft. Wayne. They are going through a troubling time, and we kids and others are trying to see them through. It was good and right to be there.

Then we flew home, listening to good music on the radio, to see Rachel Marie who was home very briefly from college to do laundry and pick up the books she ordered on line....our sweetie.

David boy was in Lafayette for the weekend and called me to make sure I knew Tiger was winning the PGA this day, so I got to watch one of my heroes do his thing.

We then had our second Sunday evening worship and conversation experience. It was very cool because one of my pastors and his wife joined us. He is involved in the emerging church happening. It was an excellent time.

Afterwards, Joy, Jamie, and I walked down to the river. It is a cool evening, and the moon flowers were open tonight. Their smell is awesome!

And after God worked and created on all the other days, he rested on the 7th....blessed it and made it holy....and said again, Oh man, that is good stuff!

No comments: