Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Revolution!?

Tonight
the music plays
and i am well,
beyond well into shalom zone.
My question is
are there any revolutions left?
FDR put millions of unemployed people to work
planting billions of trees, building parks, and making trails.
It was a dream that he stuck to no matter what called the C.C.C.
Giving hope and purpose and beautifying the earth.
I am asking you my friends
do we have a revolution left in us?
Is there something that we are being called to give our lives to?
Will you help me start new kinds of God communities?
What if it takes the next 10 years of our life
to find out and participate in what the Highest is up to?
Kennedy stated that in 10 years we would go to the moon.
What is our moon?

2 comments:

Craig LaSuer said...

Yeah....reformation is a good thing. I am excited because I've been invited to an event called UMerging. It is a gathering of folks meeting in Kansas City to discuss the renewal of the UM Church in light of the emerging church conversation and movement.

It would be very cool if a God re-forming of religious community is underway and we are in the middle of it.

Mark Gaylor said...

Hey Craig!
finally got hooked up here. The UMerging thing sounds promising - keep me informed on what's happning with it.