Monday, February 26, 2007

Amazing Grace



On opening night, a few of us traveled down to Carmel to see the movie Amazing Grace. I thought that the team that led the movie did a great job in the costumes, the settings and creating the story line for the movie.

Why am I posting this ....

William Wilberforce's had this "zeal" in him. He had faith, compassion, and courage to stand up against the crowd and to make a difference. To me, even though he encompassed these three attributes, the one that stands out to me and ties all of them in is the following: PASSION

It got me thinking. What is it that I am truly passionate for and am willing to risk everything for ? What would happen if everyone who attends church caught passion to do X,Y,or Z ? What would happen if local churches grabbed ahold of a passion and would not let go ? What could we accomplish ?

For myself, it is Africa. I have had this burning in my heart for Africa since I went there on a mission trip in 2001. So, my journey over the next few months will be what am I going to do ? How am I going to fuel this passion ? What will this passion cause me to do ?

What is your passion ?

2 comments:

Tom McCool said...

Jeff,

God has been speaking to me about the poor a lot lately, and I still don't have a real direction, and I might already be there because my boss is also passionate about the poor and believes that education is the path out of poverty. But I'm just the marketing guy! I don't teach people, I just get the word out! So I wonder if there is more I can do.....

Craig LaSuer said...

God, continue to bless Tom as he thinks about ministry with the poor. Give him clarity (eyes to see and ears to hear) about his next move.