Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Who We Are and What We Do

Joy and I continue to be guided by The 9 Ways of a Jesus Follower. We daily write them out from memory and use them as a formula for prayer. Last night I put them into two different categories that I think are important.

Who we are as Jesus followers:

* We are people in community.
* We assume a Yes about the God of the Universe. (faith)
* We seek God's will.
* We are connected to God for power and transformation.

What we do as Jesus followers:

* We offer healing and shalom to all especially the outcasts.
* We teach and demonstrate the Kingdom of God.
* We are servants.
* We confront darkness.
* We forgive and are reconcilers.

After deconstructing and reconstructing my faith, this is what came out on top and has stuck. I pray that it continues to shape how I live.

No comments: