Sunday, October 22, 2006

Breathe in, Breathe out

Breathe in-breathe out

I was looking at the 9 Jesus ways(Blog date July 21)from the line of thought that some might be more personal and some more interactive-this eventually lead to the idea of breathing in from God and breathing out to community: the combination of breathing in and breathing out being necessary for life
This configuration came to mind:

Breathe in

Community-this gave me a whole new
appreciation for community-I had been
thinking of it in the sense of me giving to
it-but this configuration helped me see
how much I get from community

Breathe out

Sevanthood

Breathe in

Knowing that God is in control and God is good

Breathe out

Bringing healing and wholeness to all, esp the outcast

Breathe in

Seeking God’s will

Breathe out

Confronting darkness

Breathe in

Connecting to God

Breathe out

Forgiveness


I’ve used this as a prayer, actually doing the breathing-it’s been effective.

The ways have also taken on new meaning for me in their different pairings-Breathe in community, breathe out servanthood; Breathe in community, breathe out forgiveness,etc.

No comments: