Monday, October 02, 2006

LIVE BIG

In a sense, death for us all, swiftly approaches. So, we are invited by that reality to hold life precious and dear.

We do that by making each day and relationship count.

I witnessed a young couple angry and sniping at each other in the grocery parking lot. I don't want to be judgemental of anyone, but I feel like I've seen too much of this lately.

But I also see so many folks, including some of those same couples, seeking to make a difference in the world.

I was at a funeral of a UM pastor last week who kisssed his wife goodnight and died. At the end of the worship service, the pastor who was officiating told us to go forward to "live big...don't live small" he said, "but live big!"

I am so very thankful that we have a big God and the Jesus community empowering us to do just that.

No comments: