Wednesday, November 07, 2007

The Ministry of Mayo

Leaving for Mayo Clinic Thursday am to hopefully be hospitalized for a few days.
I've been going since I was 18 years old. It is a remarkable place and people.
It is where I, and countless others from around the country and the world,
find healing and hope.
It was founded by doc Mayo, a nun, and the doc's two boys.
I pray that you will continue to receive healing and hope, and that together,
we might offer the same to the broken around us.
And remember what often seems to be small endeavors or beginnings, can in the end,
have a major impact of love and beauty for people and the world.

3 comments:

Becca said...

Will be praying for you Craig!
I appreciate your friendship.

Craig LaSuer said...

Thank you Becca.

Your friend,

me

Craig LaSuer said...

Well, I am indeed here at Mayo Clinic and hopitalized at the Methodist Hospital. (We've Methodists have started a lot of hospitals and schools!) My skin is being wrapped in medicine and bandages for three hours at a time. But the big news is that after 35 years of doing it this way, they are now also introducing a new medicine called CellCept which is an autoimmune suppressant. It is usaully used for people who have received an organ transplant so that the immune system does not reject it, but now they are beginning to use it for the likes of me to calm my immune system's attack on my body and the danger it perceives from eczema.(that's a lay understanding for sure.) Oh well, I am hopeful. I have a beautiful Catholic church building I can access from the underground tunnels. And I continue to ponder The Jesus Way which is practice of living for all kinds of people and persuasions...including again...the likes of me.