Wednesday, November 28, 2007

True Self

***I hate the Iraq war but the soldiers are heroes to me.
***I find it so cool that someone's life can be going freaking crazy, but their soul stays good. Not all the time but lots of the time. It's a God thing.
***I am really enjoying and looking forward to Christmas as a beautiful time, but when I was pastoring there were so many things I had to be a part of that it got way too busy, crowded, and overwhelming. All the things were individually good and important but put together, way, way too much. Now my soul feels spacious enough to embrace and receive Christ in a simple manner. Somehow big churches need to simplify or give people, as well as the pastor, permission to not be involved in everything. I don't know, I may be wrong.
***I went to one of my churches tonight who has six people part of the community. They minister to each other and the help each other be inspired to carry on as people of God. I affirmed them as well as challenged them. BUT THEY ARE A CHURCH! I HEAR SO MUCH NEGATIVE STUFF ABOUT SMALL CHURCHES. WHAT ABOUT JESUS AND THE 12?!
***The Republican debate is on tonight. We're watching a movie instead.
***Life is so beautiful, rich, and deep I almost can't bear it.
***I desire to be my true self and walk the path meant for me.

2 comments:

Becca said...

Craig, I just wanted to tell you how joyfully surprised I was to find God in our big old traditional service this past Sunday. I don't believe I've ever worshiped so deeply in that service, and it only shows me that God cannot be stifled by anything!

I have also come to appreciate the smaller churches I've been a part of. When I am in a place where I can choose my church, I will not attend the one of my friend and former pastor, but a small, alive congregation where I fit.

At the convention I learned a great quote from Irenaus, and it's kind of becoming my goal. "The Glory of God is a human being fully alive."

Craig LaSuer said...

I love that quote Becca! The Native Americans spoke of becoming a true human being.