Saturday, November 24, 2007

Light and Love

We had two wonderful Thanksgiving gatherings.
Joy's family gathered at our home on Thursday,
and my family gathered at Nolt's Amish restaurant on Friday.
And as my dad says, when it works, family is a good thing.
For us, it's working.
Tonight, Shalom Community is gathering for our thanksgiving meal and conversation.
Another kind of family.
It was so wonderful having David and Rachel home this week.
Our grown up kids sharing life and love together.
The light is beautiful this evening. It's almost dusk.
My soul is well....and life is good
yet I realize that it is only because of the Light of God and the love of people
that this is true.
OK, off for a walk with Joy and Jamie.
It's late now and I'm watching the show on vh1 about Bob Dylan.
Our gathering tonight was rich and good with our deep spirited friends.

1 comment:

Tom McCool said...

I watched the Dylan documentary also, for the second time. He's such an amazing talent and he doesn't fall into that celebrity trap.