Wednesday, October 17, 2007

MakingPeace

So much conflict...in my churches...and now my papa and me, usually so happy together, yelled at each other tonight.
Yet Jeshua himself called us to be peacemakers, and to do that,
one must enter into the fray and into the fight.
I've just started McLaren's book Everything Must Change. He is asking us to enter into the troubles of this world with the ways of Jesus and a little bit of hope.
And into the middle of my moments of strife
comes the divine like a grandmother rocking, singing to, and quieting the hurting child.
Look up to the cross, can you see and hear?
He feels his enemies pain and whispers, papa forgive them, they don't understand.
So let us go forth fellow followers of The Way
straight into the storms crying peace, be still.

No comments: