Monday, October 22, 2007

Monday 's Musings

Watching the Colts game tonight, oh yeah! I got no boys to watch it with any more but Joy is sitting in here for awhile (Bless her heart) and Jamie dog is wearing his blue coat. Yea! The Colts just scored. My gosh this team is amazing.

Well, I'm happy tonight, but it's mostly because God has brought me through some tough crap lately. The Lord has recently led Joy and I through some very dark, choppy waters with my mom and dad. And the Divine continues to teach me how to find physical healing in the midst of being intensely wounded. As Bishop White says, God is good all the time, and all the time, God is good! Amen?

Here's something that seems weird to me about the church. It's one thing for a church to feel pride in who God is making them to be as a community of Jesus followers, but it's another to be giddy over their greatness. There's something about that kind of spirit that just doesn't feel like the spirit of Jesus to me. When Jesus was led into the desert by the Spirit to meet with the devil, it was the temptation of greatness that was offered to Jesus. He chose instead to walk the path of furthering the kingdom powerfully and quietly like a seed turning into a tree providing rest for the birds.

Shalom to you this week my friends. May God grant us grace to further the kingdom powerfully and quietly.

4 comments:

Becca said...

Go Colts! They were amazing, I was especially excited for the defense. I always knew Jamie was a Colts fan!

Kent said...

Craig, I really miss those Sunday afternoons and Monday nights to. Watching the game with you, David, Josh and the Jamie dog was always so much fun. Go Blue

Craig LaSuer said...

I miss those times too Kent. Good memories!

Thoughts From Jeff said...

Colts & Pats this week; should be good. I am going to miss it. I will be laser tagging it ..