Saturday, May 05, 2007

Mankind Prayer

Over the past 5 weeks, I have been reading quite abit. I guess that will happen when you are constantly in the doctors office, emergency rooms and hospitals. This prayer was in one of the prayer books that I read and it spoke to me:

So close in thought I wish to be
With someone who can hear
My heart's sad cry, its silent weep,
Caused from deep despair, I fear
For life is often so hard to take,
It deals such a painful blow,
Then no one is there with whom to share,
no one wants to know.
For everyone has their problems too,
Enough gloom and despair of their own.
They have no time for me to share
My thoughts I so want known.
I pray the day will quickly come,
The day when I will see
The person who will always listen,
And with all their heart love me

One of the reasons that it spoke to me is the following: Whether or not someone is in the chair next to me, I know that Jesus is there and I can rest in his arms and let my cries fall on His shoulder.

3 comments:

Craig LaSuer said...

Jeff,

Beautiful and real words. How is your wife?

Becca said...

Thank you for the poem, it speaks to me, too...

I don't know you or your wife, but we do have mutual friends. And I'm praying for your family.

Thoughts From Jeff said...

Craig:

She is hanging in there. The last surgery was a lot more in-depth. They are trying to clear out all the infection. They are hoping that she will be cleared in 3-4 weeks to start the agressive treatment.

Becca:

You are welcome and thanks for the prayers, they are greatly appreciative.