Monday, March 12, 2007

On The One Hand And Yet The Other

Happy tonight but kind of lonely.

Feeling strong but sort of overwhelmed.

Jamie's sitting next to me, beautiful music is playing, and Joy is at yoga.

Glad to be in the present, but miss some of the past.

My mind is learning, and I have purpose.

I sat with a pastor the other night who communicated he was ready to go to heaven
and then died at midnight.

I love life, existence, community, family, and Jeshua.

I cry for both the brokeness and beauty of humanity.

Saw a good movie last night called something like Music and Lyrics. Joy and I watched it all alone in the theater, and we talked out loud during the movie. Fun! A brand new experience!

My mom sighs as she faces getting old. Jamie just sighed for some reason. Joy and I took mom and dad out on the town today, and they found great joy.

Reading Barack Obama's excellent book The Audacity of Hope. Anyone want to work for his campaign with me?

Well, Peace to you and yours. Things to do.

Ah wait. Bird singing his song outside. His sound speaks of his spirit. Beautiful!
God, help us no matter what to keep hearing the bird's simple song.

As Herbert George and my papa say,

Shalom!

1 comment:

Kent said...

Craig, I enjoy reading your post so much they often lift my spirits and just speak words I need to here. Miss you guys and I hope to come down sometime for the new Church group. Peace to you and yours Kent