Friday, March 16, 2007

Kingdom

So, God has been trying to get me to become more involved in my community. I guess you can't hurry how the Lord works things out. But today, after being here 9 months, I went to visit Chaplain Smith at the Marion jail. They have a great ministry there, and we spent a long time talking. Cool dude. I also got to meet the police who staff the place, and I had a fairly long conversation with the Sheriff. I left there feeling like I had finally connected to some people in my new hometown! This is where I feel led to develop relationships with both the inmates and the staff.

Then I came home, and when I got out of my car, I spotted my neighbor getting into his truck. I practically ran over there because I've also been waiting for a time to connect to neighbors. His name is Coy and he enjoys talking. I think the people of this world, including me, are often lonely and are looking to connect with someone....just like Jeff's video told in such a beautiful way.

Today Jesus said, "Watch Craig, the Kingdom is going to happen before your very eyes."

2 comments:

Becca said...

Our jail ministry team went to the women's jail yesterday, and we're going to the youth detention center on Sunday, I'm really looking forward to it! For reasons I'm only now becoming aware of, God is leading me to this ministry. Hearing others talk about it gets me all the more excited to follow my calling!

Craig LaSuer said...

That is fantastic Becca. I can't think of a better calling. Do you know Chaplain Smith? He is a really cool dude worth getting to know.