Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Got People?

Last night I emailed a few friends and asked them to pray for a meeting I had today,
because a few of us supervisory types had a hugely important conversation with someone.
The meeting went well through the grace of God, and I could feel the power that came forth from the lips and hearts of my friends.
As the song writer says, we get by with a little help from our friends.

Joy and I kid around that "we've got people." We've got people to:
help us take care of my parents;
help us figure out some things about our future;
take care of our little dog Jamie;
and yes, even pray for something on a moments notice.

But what if someone feels like they ain't got no people and feel freakin alone?
We've all felt that way before and know someone who feels like that right now.
Help us Jeshua be their people.

No comments: