Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The Hammer Holds

I can not believe that it is Holy Week. This Thursday, we are the host family and leading a Sedar Meal. Then on Good Friday, I am leading the worship service and we are doing a Reverse Advant.

One of the songs that we are doing for the service is "The Hammer Holds". I asked two of my high school guys to put a video together for the service. I just received it and I wanted to share. I hope that you do not mind and more importantly, I hope that you enjoy the video and that it can be a moment to "savor" during this Holy Week season.

4 comments:

Craig LaSuer said...

The guys did well. Thank you Jeff for your gift.

Pastor Chris Roberts said...

What is a "Reverse Advent"?

tysdaddy said...

Cool video. I'm not familiar with the song . . . who sang that?

Have a blessed weekend!

Brian

Thoughts From Jeff said...

Craig:

Thanks for the words.

Pastor Chris:

It is where we have the advent candles out and lit and we distinguish them one by one. We do this through the passion week scriptures and liturgical readers from the disciples view as they lose joy, faith, hope and peace.

I would be more than happy to email the service to you/ Email me at greathouse@zionlutheran-wooster.org

Tysdaddy:

It is from Bebo Norman, quite a few years back.

Thanks and you too.