Wednesday, February 20, 2008

May God's Love Fall Like A Gentle But Steady Snow

We gratefully acknowledge that You are the Lord our God and God of our people,

the God of all generations.

You are the Rock of our Life, the Power that shields us in every age.

We thank You and sing Your praises: for our lives, which are in Your hand;

for our souls which are in Your keeping;

for the signs of Your presence we encounter every day;

and for Your wondrous gifts at all times, morning, noon, and night.

You are Goodness: Your mercies never end;

You are Compassion: Your love will never fail.You have always been our hope.

For all these things, O Sovereign God, let Your name be for ever exalted and blessed.


(Gates Of Prayer-The New Union Prayer Book)

2 comments:

JonM said...

Here's a prayer that I like very much. If such a thing exists, I would find it to be the "perfect prayer". It's one of those moments where I say, "I wish I'd said that".

"MY LORD GOD, I have no idea where I am going. I do not see the road ahead of me. I cannot know for certain where it will end. Nor do I really know myself, and the fact that I think that I am following your will does not mean that I am actually doing so. But I believe that the desire to please you does in fact please you. And I hope I have that desire in all that I am doing. I hope that I will never do anything apart from that desire. And I know that if I do this you will lead me by the right road though I may know nothing about it. Therefore will I trust you always though I may seem to be lost and in the shadow of death. I will not fear, for you are ever with me, and you will never leave me to face my perils alone."

Craig LaSuer said...

Great prayer. It's all about grace.