Sunday, February 10, 2008

The Flight of Fear and of Faith

It was about 1:00 in the morning.
Joy and I had watched Roman Holiday with Audrey Hepburn and Gregory Peck
which is a good movie.
But as I lay there at night, I began to think about the fact that both of these hugely gifted people are dead.
And I started to think about my own death....about non-existence...about not being with my family ever again...and once again the panic rose in my inner being and I fled downstairs.
You see thoughts and theology about heaven don't do me much good. And so I cry out to God and ask for God's help...for some understanding....some answers. All I got was absolute silence. So I went to the computer to google things on the afterlife and out of body experiences. No help. Then I went to the tv to search for some divine communication...nothing. So I finally went back to bed. Not til the next morning as I was sitting on the stool in absolute silence did the words and melody of the Chris Rice song I had been listening to the day before gently start entering my mind and heart.
He softly sings, "Fly to Jesus, fly to Jesus, fly to Jesus and live."
That was his answer for now.
Thanks.

2 comments:

Tom McCool said...

Why do our best thoughts come to us while were on the stool?

Craig LaSuer said...

"Be still and know I'm God!"