Sunday, July 15, 2007

Pure Sabbath

Today has been pure sabbath, and I really needed it. I've been working hard lately,
and on my day off, Joy and I spent the day helping my mom after she had a fall.
So, this morning I preached at one of my churches in a town called Converse, and then
all day today I enjoyed a time of rest, tv, and re-creation.
I think I watched parts of about 6 movies all afternoon...flipping back and forth with the remote. You know there are lots of groovy movies on Sundays.
I watched Along Came Polly, Rocky, US Marshal, Pretty Woman, Happy Gilmore...
When Joy walked into the room and saw that I was watching Rocky for the 100th time, she asked me if I was saying the lines along with the movie. But I'm telling you, that Rocky Balboa still inspires me!
I enjoyed a bath and then took a walk with Joy and Jamie
along a path called The Cardinal Greenway.
We just finished pizza with tomatoes on it and are watching shows again.
Pure sabbath. The Jews sure had a good idea, and I'm all for it!
Alright, time to go upstairs and read....then sleep.
Amen.

No comments: