Thursday, July 19, 2007

A Calling

I stood in the Native American sacred winter woods on the top of a hill looking over the trees.
I was deep breathing by taking long breaths in through my nostrils, holding my breath,
and then using my fingers to evenly direct the air back out.
I also chanted OM over the trees, toward the sky, and out to heaven.
I practiced Kundalini Yoga and centers of power began to open within.
My Beagle dog Spanky ran, howled, and chased after rabbits.
Over the winter months I heard a small gentle voice whisper life changing words.
The voice said,"God is the most important thing there is, and you are supposed to serve him full time."
They name this a calling.
Once again I hear and feel the wind blow through the trees and through my body.
Once again I sing over the creation.
And once again the ancient and present voice whispers life changing words.
Again, a calling.
(By the way, my present sweetie 13 year old dog can't even sense the rabbits are around.)

No comments: