Thursday, June 14, 2007

CD Stores

OK, this doesn't really belong here, but so what.

I've been thinking about my favorite CD stores. The kind I like to visit are independently owned, have a large amount of used CDs and support the local music scene. When I travel, my goal is to find the local used CD stores. Here are the ones I like:

Lafayette - JL Records. Comparable to indie CD stores in large cities like Chicago or Indy. It really is amazing that such a place exists in Lafayette.

Chicago - There are several small shops along Clark St., north of the Hard Rock. They all have vinyl too.

Indy - There's a funky little shop called Vibes right across the road from the entrance to Castleton Square mall. A great collection of used blues CDs.

New Orleans - Louisiana Music Factory is in the French Quarter and is an awesome place! Lots of blues, zydeco and local bands. Right across the street from the House of Blues.

Of course, I only get to go to these places when I'm traveling alone. My family is not too keen on browsing for CDs when we're on vacation. I can't understand why.

2 comments:

Thoughts From Jeff said...

and i though lauren and katie would be excited about that .... :)

Craig LaSuer said...

thanks Tom for the good music you gave to me.