Saturday, January 06, 2007

Two or Three

Jesus said, "Where two or three gather together, there I am." This is now the reality of what church has become for me. I mean I relate and serve 59 very cool and fruitful churches. But, because I don't have my own local church, I have had to learn a new understanding of Jesus' words. So church for me is:

*Joy and I and the kids are empowered by the presence of Christ.

*My parents and the team in relationship with them do the kingdom dance of love together.

*The Oubache Cohort seeks to see with new eyes.

*Every time I communicate deeply with a friend, colleague, or stranger...there Jesus is.

*When I go to the church in the farmland or the one in the inner city, there stands the Servant.

I have had the local church taken away from me so I search for what are all the ways we are to be the people of God.

The Soviet Union outlawed the church so they searched for new ways to be the people of God.

Perhaps God is pruning the church and offering us many new ways to be the people of God together with Christ in our midst for the sake of the world.

No comments: