Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Much to Learn

I have been visiting some of the missions that our district churches support, and I went to a place called The Marion Mission Storehouse. This is the place where people bring shoes, bandages, clothing, medical supplies, etc. for a ministry in Zambia Africa. While there I met a man named Ken Vance and his wife Debby. They have been missionaries in Zambia for 20 years. We had a good conversation about their ministry and about Kingdom Theology. He said, "I walked outside this storhouse the other day, and I watched the kids of different races get off the bus. I looked around and said, Here is the kingdom of God. Right here in this neighborhood is where God is wanting to do kingdom work." I'm wondering about the various places you and I find ourselves in which God desires to do Her kingdom work.

Ken and his wife are living just down the road from us until he goes back to Africa. They're coming over to the cohort this Friday night. Very cool. Much to learn.

No comments: