Friday, January 26, 2007

TODAY

Today I was back home after being gone for the week at a Cabinet Appointment retreat at DePauw University. I slept in until 8:00! I had some Raisin Bran with Joy Ellen and then took care of some email...especially one to my friend Tim.

I practiced my sermon for Sunday. I've got one main message I'm beginning to share at different churches about the nature of the church. It seems to me that I'm finally beginning to figure out that my one major call and passion is to help people remember their reason and our reason for being. And of course it starts with me remembering and putting into action mine.

Rachel came home for a little bit. She was supposed to drop by quickly and then drive to Lafayette to the dentist. She was running real late, and even though she said she could still make it, I told her to forget it and just go out to lunch with her mom and me. We went to a tea room and had good conversation as well as good tea. She is doing so well with school.

This afternoon Joy and I dove to the folks in Ft. Wayne. Joy took mom for some lab work and papa and me stayed home to talk. All of dad's stories are starting to become intertwined. He now recounts a story about how he helped Barak Obama get the money to go to college. Even though this isn't literally true( At least I don't think it is ) it is true in its deepest meanings. My dad has always helped young people believe in themselves.....and people helped my dad find the money to go to college....and Barak is the kind of person Dad believes in. The hell with the Alzheimers. I understand you papa!

Now the day begins to close. Joy and I will watch some tv with the dog, and then we'll read. I'm reading a good book about Muhammad by Karen Armstrong. Life is an adventure. I love you all.
Be blessed and be a blessing.




No comments: