Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The New Oubache

This blog was orginally created to be an online meeting place for a cohort of Emergent Christians who were unable to meet physically. Then it became Craig LaSeur's blog. He wrote from within the Spirit. He wrote about his travels. He wrote about his parents. Then he "just stopped."

Now, I hope to begin.

I've always wanted to write a blog. I started one once, about girls' travel softball. It turned out rather badly. Then I found Facebook, where I could communicate in a way that I was accustomed. On Facebook, I'm able to share links to information I find on the web, the books I'm reading and the music I'm listening to. Plus I can interact with friends near and far in a way that blogs just are not designed to do.

I turned 50 this year. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with jumping back into the blog pool, but now I find I need a place for longer thoughts that I don't want to appear on my Facebook profile. I'll probably still post about music and books and events, but in a deeper way.

I will write about the blues, religion, marketing, leadership, softball (and high school sports). Maybe I'll just post about whatever pops into my mind.
I'll try not to upset anyone, but please feel free to comment and respond however you feel.

So I have retained the Oubache title for what I hope to be "my" blog. Craig has an open invitation to return and post any time he feels the need.

And by the way, "Oubache" (Wee-BAW-Shee) is the French spelling for the Native American pronunciation of the Wabash River, the river that flows through the region where I was born, grew up and essentially never left.

No comments: