Monday, February 16, 2009

Jamie David LaSuer


Our doggie Jamie is dying.
He is a 14 years old miniature daschund.
He has helped raise our children.
He has played with them, protected them, and poured his unending love into them and everyone else. And we have given Jamie much love and 10,000 kisses!
Joy and I have probably walked with him a thousand miles through woods, neighborhoods, and along the river.
He is black with brown spots around his eyes, paws, and nose....a cutie.
He has had a favorite toy which is a squeaky bone.
He loved getting presents, especially from my mom, and would put his nose deep into the present to see what he was getting.
I love him so very dearly.
I thank God for Jamie, this most marvelous God creation.
I am sad, but I am truly thankful for the gift of his life.
I plan to stay connected to his spirit.
This week, we are loving, spoiling, and drinking him in.

3 comments:

Mark Gaylor said...

It is amazing how much a part of the family they become! Frankie (our 11 yr old pug) got sick and died just before we moved in November. He was a real friend and such a joy to have around. His favorite toy was a stuffed Chris Moose (a moose with a Santa hat and Christmas sweater), he never went anywhere without it. One of God's best gifts is the furry creatures who let us live with them. Peace and love to Jamie.

Craig LaSuer said...

Thank you Mark.
And Peace and Love to Frankie.

Kent said...

I will always remember watching the Colts game with Jamie wearing his Bob Sanders Jersey. They are definitely more than just a dog or pets they are part of the family, I know Blaze is my best friend and always there to listen and give love when I need it no matter what.