Sunday, December 07, 2008

Sensing...His Birth

Sunday night.
Joy is decorating for Christmas, and I'm putting the stuff downstairs that's to be stored until spring...some pretty cool stuff of meaningful memories like a picture of Rachel sitting on the wall of a Wales castle and Joy and I sitting at a Paris cafe....but nonetheless stuff that someday our children won't be sure what to do with just the way we're not sure what to do with all my parents stuff now!
Todd Rundgren is playing in the background...playing his excellent music mostly about God things in his own rock n roll, hippi way.
Obama was interviewed for 45 minutes tonight on Meet The Press. Wow. One smart dude.
Next to me sits one of the Christmas decorations which I'm sure one of our kids made when they were young. It's a beautiful, colorful, stain glass-like, marker drawing of the Madonna and Child. In fact, if I really open my eyes I see that I'm surrounded by all sorts of decorations the children made many years ago. I'm glad Joy makes this part of our annual tradition.
Hmm, opening my eyes to see. I wonder what else I'm missing. I pray that this season you and I will have the senses to experience...his birth.

No comments: