Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The conversation continues

Barack Obama has invited Rick Warren to give the invocation at the presidential inaugaration.

Let that sink in .....

I am amazed, happy, elated, and thankful that such a thing is happening. Not because I think Warren will somehow lean to the left (or with Obama, vice versa) because of this, but because two people of spirit are sitting down and saying, "You know, we're at the same table here for pretty much the same reasons. Yes, we can disagree about some things, but we can agree about other things, too. Let's talk about those things where we can work together for the kingdom of God."

Here is a good opinion article about this from Beliefnet.

Rich and Rick: A Post-Partisan Parable

I see hope. I see change. I see a country that is in the midst of turmoil and trouble, looking for answers, and realizing that we alone do not have all the answers, but we together have a better chance of finding answers.

2 comments:

Craig LaSuer said...

Thomas, I like how you keep "seeing" the kingdom of God unfolding in our midst and our history!

Tom McCool said...

Here's what Brian McLaren has to say about it.

Warren, Cizik, Obama, Left, Right, etc.

In the midst of worldwide economic crisis and war in Israel, I see radical hope.