Thursday, September 21, 2006

God, Jesus, and Kundalini Yoga

Last night I watched a tv show about the life and work of Andy Warhol. He was seeking to capture the new thing that was happening in the art world. He did it better than anyone and led the way. As I watched I tried to capture in my mind what the new thing in the Christian world is that I'm trying to get on board with and perhaps do my part along with others to lead the way. I know the main thing is a renewed focus on the Kingdom of God. I really like that. But as I watched and thought about my part, the words God, Jesus, and Kundalini Yoga came to mind.

I love God. God is everything to me. God is the creator of this marvelous existence. I can understand the nature of God through the beauty of a flower as clearly as through the beauty of scriptures.

I am captured by Jesus. I want to be like him when I grow up. Always going back to the life and teachings of Yeshua informs how I and the churches I'm connected to are to live our lives in his name.

I was and still am being changed by Kundalini Yoga. Through deep breathing and chanting the centers of energy have opened in my inner being. The tightening in the lower area provides courage to live life and the love in the center of my chest is offered each moment to the world and to God. Somehow this energy and the Spirit are one.

One of the new things that I think is happening in the Jesus Movement is honest sharing and acceptance of how we are being shaped by different paths to God...even though we mainly work within the "Jesus neighborhood." I think that through this kind of bold honesty we will attract many people who otherwise dismiss us as irrelevant.

I pray that along with Warhol, we might create the paintings the Master Artist desires to place in The Exhibition he hopes the world to see.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I, for one, appreciate your "bold honesty" in your "different path" which has also inspired me to be able to have "bold honesty" in my "different path" as well!

(How's that for a run-on sentence)

Nancy said...

I'm reminded also of how worship is about how we live, so much more than reduced to making music or art... described in a song by Casting Crowns, our lives can be composed to honor God:

Lifesong....

"Empty Hands held high
Such Small sacrifice
If not joined with my life
I sing in vain tonight

May the words I say
And the things I do
Make my lifesong sing
Bring a smile to you

Chorus:
Let my lifesong sing to You
Let my lifesong sing to You
I want to sign your name
to the end of this day
Knowing that my heart was true
Let my lifesong sing to You

Lord, I give my life
A Living sacrifice
To reach a world in need
To be your hands and feet

So may the words I say
And the things I do
Make my lifesong sing
Bring a smile to you

Chorus

Hallelujah, Hallelujah,
Let my lifesong sing to You"