Sunday, April 19, 2009

An Answer to the Questions

Can I make it? Can I hang in there? What is it that holds my life together?
And what is the call upon my life? These are the clear and loud questions I always hear and struggle to answer.

Today the answer I hear is, "Follow me and further the Jesus/Kingdom movement."
So what? Why is this a compelling call which makes the difference to me or anyone else?

I want to follow the Christ wherever he leads me to be about his kind of loving.
I want to do my part in this moment in history to further the Jesus/Kingdom movement.
It is an alive thing, a new thing, an adventure, and about Jesus' love to the broken and the furthering of the kingdom of God.
I must know. I must know. I must know... who I am... why I am...and the heart of I Am.
There's a call on my life and that provides joy, energy, focus, and an understanding that I really do have a place and a role to play.

My papa has always said that the fundamental question for all people is, Am I worthy?" I believe that today I hear God give an answer to that and other questions.

5 comments:

JonM said...

I always thought that the answer to the question "Am I worthy?" was no, but that it didn't matter because God loves me anyway. There's a great song from the movie "The Fighting Temptations". Here's a link to it on YouTube, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhcX6o9z9kE

It's good for the soul and it always makes me feel a lot better as I go through my day. I know I fall short, but God still loves me. What's better than that?

Craig LaSuer said...

Can't click on the link and tried to type that in, but it didn't come up.

Craig LaSuer said...

It's for sure true though that God's grace in the midst of my brokenness is a good thing! Just today He proved that true.

But it is also true that when my eyes keep being opened and I see the rabbi leading the way and calling my name to follow, my soul sings.

Craig LaSuer said...

I guess what I'm trying to say is that both things are true.

When I experience the good news of God's love, grace, and power, I'm made worthy.

And when I realize that the King of the universe is inviting me/us to join in creating that kingdom on earth, it gives me a sense of "noble worth."

JonM said...

I copied and pasted the link to the video into my address bar and it brought the video up. Sorry it didn't work for you. It's worth the effort to find. The song is called "He Still Loves Me" If you search YouTube you'll find multiple copies. It's worth the time and is so uplifting. Your soul will sing when you hear it.

I think there's much of God's love in music, what a gift to have and share. It too helps to create the kingdom.