Thursday, April 17, 2008

A Jesus And A Family Thing

This afternoon Joy and I went to visit my folks.
We go once a week to get groceries, hopefully get them out, and lay some love on them.
Today we sat on the porch enjoying the beautiful spring day.
My dad asked why they couldn't drive anymore. I said the boys decided they were done.
He got mad, but I calmly and firmly explained that it is our time in this cycle of life to call the shots. He seemed to accept this...kind of.
Joy went to buy groceries. How I love this woman. She bought lots of good stuff.
One thing she bought was toenail clippers. I cut my folks toenails.
It is a Jesus thing...this holding a foot and clipping the old and long parental nail.
I have come to realize in the last few weeks that, even though these last two years have been pretty damn hard at times, it has also perhaps held the sweetest moments of our life together.
My mom fell tonight as she was getting dressed.
I heard a boom.
My dad yelled for me.
I rushed back.
My mom laid on the floor.
She had hit her head.
I bent down and picked my mama up to her feet.
She sat in a chair and rested for a while.
Finally, we all went to get pizza at Pizza Hut. It was a blast.
PS MY MOM HAS FALLEN AGAIN. WE HAVE DECIDED IT IS TIME FOR THEM TO BE PLACED AT HERITAGE POINT IN WARREN IN THE NEXT TWO WEEKS. PLEASE PRAY FOR A GOOD AND GOD TRANSITION. THANK YOU.

No comments: